Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Doctor Visit

We went to the doctor today. I had a slight freak out moment when the doctor told me I was measuring really small and ordered a sonogram. I knew I was not supposed to have a sonogram till next week, but the doc said we needed to see why I have not grown any over the past couple of weeks. Everything turned out fine. Baby Morgan had plenty of fluid, a good heart beat, and seemed pretty content! She weighs 6 lbs and 2 oz right now. I hear this is pretty average, so that's good I guess. I've got 4 weeks to go, and so far I'm not dialated any. I am "penciled" in to be induced on October 9th - which happens to be our anniversary! I am starting to get real nervous about all this labor business, so I am fine to not deliver any sooner.

Matt was upset he missed the sonogram. I showed him the pictures, and he's sad b/c he believes Baby Morgan has his profile. I think this is ridiculous, but he says he sees it. Men can be so insecure!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Don't be too nervous. The whole labor thing to me was not ANYTHING like I thought. I was actually very relaxed the whole time and just did what the nurses and doc told me too! Even with the C-section everything was much less dramatic than people play it out to be on babystory and other TV shows. I remember watching Baby story the last week before Maggie came and FREAKING out, but I promise it is not that bad! I would recommend getting the epidural as soon as they say it is ok to have it. It just makes things easier! WEll, keep us updated! Love ya!

christina polk said...

I am so excited that you are in the blogging world. ALL OF OUR FRIENDS NEED TO DO IT!!! I love Morgan's room and you and Heather look GREAT!!! Can't wait to meet Morgan and Carter!!

Kelly Family said...

Hey!
Good luck with the new baby! Glad you have a website! You are going to LOVE St Francis.....
Allison

The Ueltschey's said...

I agree with Allison- the labor thing is not as dramatic as you think...and I would tell you to get the epidural as soon as they will let you too! No reason not to unless you plan on being superwoman for the day. One thing that I wish someone would have told me was to be prepared for a good deal of pain for a whole week afterwards. That was the worst part (for me). That being said, I still want 3 more :)

Susie S said...

Hi Shelby! I'm so glad you have a blog! Meg posted the link on her blog, so now I'll have to keep track of both of you and your babies! You look wonderful!

love,
susan sullivan martin