Monday, December 10, 2007

Call Me Granola

Christmas came early for me this year. Matt and I bought me a new car this weekend. We went green and bought a hybrid. It's a silver Toyota Prius. I am super excited. It's the coolest car I have ever seen. When I told my brother Kemp I was looking at a Prius, his comment was "you're so granola". Well, yes I am - and proud of it. This car gets 60 mpg and will save me over $1,000 in gas each year. And it recycles the air pollutants so I give off 70% less carbon dioxide emissions than the average new car. So now I can rest easier at night knowing I am doing my part to reverse global warming. Matt wanted to take a stand against oil companies' rising gas prices, and I wanted an environment-friendly car. The Prius is the perfect answer. We couldn't be happier, and we highly recommend going green to any future car shoppers out there. It also has cool features like a push button for start (no key needed) and a back up camera. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Love it! Congrats!

The Bradfords said...

Way to go green you granola. I guess you look down on my 4 wheel drive (which has never been used), Z-71 Tahoe that gets 10 mpg/hwy.
Thinking about a hummer, what do you think?
Ok, Just Kidding. Proud of you for doing your part for the environment.
Now, go pass the LEED test.